Monday, June 1, 2009

All Aboard!

All aboard the potty train... choo choo! At least mama thinks this is a good idea. The truth is that I LIKE wearing diapers. In fact, I think they're quite fashionable.

Here's some math for you: stubborn toddler + delusional mama = train wreck.

I enjoyed a nice, relaxing weekend at the lake house, even though I spent the majority of my waking hours sitting on a creepy looking plastic frog potty, waiting for mama to "cheer" for the occurrence of what I typically deem "natural bodily functions." Adults are so weird.

At least I got to go swimming and go deer watching during the off time.

During the long car rides to and from the lake house, you tend to notice things.

While looking at the moon:

Me: I see the moon. Is it broken?

Mama: No, it's just a crescent moon. It's supposed to look like that.

Me: Will it be fixed?

Mama: (silence)

While looking at the clouds:

Me: The clouds are moving?

Mama: Yes, the clouds are moving.

Me: Are they going to the moon?

Mama: (silence)

Why are my questions so difficult to answer? Isn't it funny how two-year olds are often much smarter than their parents?

Love,

Weston

3 comments:

John said...

Weston:
Keep on asking your questions, because I think they are valid...Your Mom asked the same kind of questions when she was your age...I think the saying "like Mama, like Son" must be true....Papa

SaRaH said...

LOL. He is too cute. I love how you to answering. MUCH smarter than me trying to keep up...

The Brewster Family said...

Weston -
My mom apparently bought me a ticket on the Potty Train too. What are our mommies thinking? She is making me run around naked, which I quite like, but she is expecting me to sit on the potty that she has so conveniently put in front of the TV. And she has barred me from sitting on the couch! The nerve! The soft couch would be a much more comfortable place to put my naked tushie than the hard plastic thing that looks strangely like a frog. Parents are so weird.
Love, Clara