Thursday, August 16, 2007

The NERVE!

Oh, the nerve of my parents! They went out to dinner tonight for their anniversary AND THEY DIDN'T TAKE ME!!! How dare they! I love going to restaurants (except for the one where I bonked my head). Mom always gives me a straw to play with and I get to eat off her plate... restaurants are fun!

I heard them bragging about what they ate. Mom had red snapper and lobster risotto. Dad enjoyed his pork tenderloin and perfectly whipped potatoes. I would have eaten those things! Mom told me that she didn't see a single high chair in the fancy establishment and that it would have been tacky to take me since I usually leave quite a bit of evidence of my presence (e.g. Cheerios under the table).

I had to stay at home and eat goldfish and some Gerber ravioli. I didn't even get dessert like mom and dad did... Grand Marnier creme brulee and chocolate cake. What's an anniversary anyway if you can't celebrate it with everyone? See if I invite them out for my anniversary!

I do have a little way of getting back at them, though. Mom has been trying to get me to clap for them for months now... nothing! I refuse to clap back. Well, yesterday, Eva let out a little secret that I had been clapping with my friends during music time at day care. Darn it! Now she's going to expect me to clap for her... oh, well. You can't keep secrets forever.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

Love,

Weston

0 comments: